Want to learn How To Cook Frozen Salmon in an Air Fryer for a quick and easy dinner? You're in the right place! With this easy recipe, you will have lightly crispy salmon that is tender, flaky, and full of flavor with virtually no prep time. It's perfect for busy weeknights!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
This recipe is my go-to for cooking salmon when I need to get supper on the table fast. Because it doesn't need to be defrosted, I can throw together a quick salad while it cooks and have dinner ready in 15 minutes! So easy!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's made with simple ingredients.
- The air fryer will give you perfectly cooked salmon.
- It's perfect any night of the week.
- No defrosting is needed - making it a convenient way to cook salmon.
- No breading or marinade - making it low carb and keto-friendly.
All you need to make this flaky salmon are the following ingredients you can easily find at your local grocery store:
- Frozen salmon fillets. I used individually frozen salmon fillets. You could also substitute other frozen fish.
- Lemon-pepper seasoning. I used lemon-pepper seasoning, a simple seasoning that gives the salmon a ton of flavor.
- Lemon, optional. I used fresh lemon to add some extra flavor to the salmon.
See the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Salmon. Instead of a frozen fillet, use any fresh fish or fresh salmon filets - just reduce the cooking time by about 5 minutes.
- Seasoning. Use your favorite dry rub for fish, or just use salt and pepper. Garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika are also great additions.
- Rub. Brush on some Dijon mustard before adding seasoning for extra flavor.
- Spicy - Use diced jalapeno peppers or cayenne pepper.
- Sweet - Brush honey or maple syrup on the salmon after it is cooked.
- Umami - Combine equal amounts of soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl and brush it on after the salmon is cooked.
🔪 How to cook frozen salmon in air fryer
This air fryer frozen salmon has got to be the easiest dinner recipe ever. It's ready in about 15 minutes following a few simple steps.
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place frozen salmon fillets in the air fryer, skin side down, in a single layer.
Step 2: Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over the top. Place fresh lemon slices over the top if you want extra fresh lemon flavor. Cook frozen salmon in the air fryer for 14-16 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets. You do not need to flip the salmon during cooking.
Step 3: Check that the fish is done - it should flake easily with a fork. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature in the thickest part of the fillet. The fish is done when it reaches 145 degrees F.
Step 4: Serve the perfectly cooked salmon with your favorite side dish, and enjoy!
Follow the same steps as above, but place frozen salmon skin side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Leave space between the fish fillets so hot air can pass around them for even cooking.
- Cook salmon for 14-16 minutes, but start checking a few minutes before the timer is up to ensure it does not overcook.
- Use a temperature probe to check if the salmon is fully cooked. When it reaches 145 degrees F, it's done.
No, you do not need to flip the salmon in the air fryer as the salmon may stick to the air fryer and fall apart.
Salmon is fully cooked when it flakes easily with a fork and the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145 degrees F when measured with an instant-read thermometer.
Salmon skin contains omega-3 fatty acids. However, depending on individual health or where you get your salmon from, read this article from Healthline about salmon skin before choosing to eat it or not. I prefer to remove the skin from my salmon. 🙂
If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting, set the temperature you will be cooking your food and let it heat up for 3-5 minutes before adding the food to the basket.
Yes! It is very easy to cook frozen salmon in an air fryer. Place frozen salmon fillets in a preheated air fryer and cook for 14-16 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Store leftover salmon in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat in your air fryer on the 'Reheat' Setting until hot.
Freeze cooked salmon in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 2 months.
Read How Long Does Salmon Last In The Fridge for more storage tips.
How To Cook Frozen Salmon in an Air Fryer
- 4 frozen salmon fillets 5-6 oz. fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place frozen salmon fillets in the air fryer, skin side down.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning evenly over the top. Place fresh lemon slices over the top if you want extra fresh lemon flavor. Set the timer on the air fryer for 14-16 minutes. You do not need to flip the salmon during cooking.
- Ensure the salmon is fully cooked when the timer is up on the air fryer - it should flake easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
- Preheat the air fryer before placing the salmon in it.
- Leave a bit of space between the fish fillets so air can pass around them for even cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the basket.
The provided nutritional information is approximate per serving and is meant as a guideline only.