Homemade Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is creamy, decadent, and oh so delicious! Make it in just 5 minutes with your choice of milk, espresso (or strong-brewed coffee), real pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and natural sweetener! Top it off with whipped cream (optional) if you would like a true coffee bar experience! This iced PSL costs just a fraction of what you would pay at Starbucks and tastes just as good, if not better, than the original. Enjoy this pumpkin spice latte guilt-free as it contains real ingredients and half the calories of the Starbucks iced pumpkin spice latte!
It's that time of year again, Starbucks is bringing back their famous Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte! I absolutely LOVE this drink; it is so, so delicious!
These days, we don't head to the big city very often, but when we did, we would always stop in at Starbucks and pick up an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte and a pumpkin cream cheese muffin. Mmmmm, so good.
Anyway, like many people in the world, I started making my favorite restaurant meals at home. I had no idea it was so easy and so cheap!
I have to say that I haven't stepped foot in Starbucks in over a year! It is so easy to make my favorite drinks and treats at home, and we are saving a ton of money!
The first Starbucks copycat recipe I made was this Delicious Iced Coffee At Home recipe, one of the most popular recipes on my blog. Now that fall is here, I thought it was high time to share with you another copycat recipe, so here is the Iced PSL recipe!
For another great Starbucks copycat recipe, check out Toasted White Chocolate Mocha!
Ingredients for Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
Just a few simple ingredients are needed! But I bet you have them in your kitchen already!
- Espresso, or strong-brewed coffee, cooled. I use Starbucks brand coffee beans and grind them at home.
- Milk (any kind). I use non sweetened almond mil, but dairy milk and oat milk are great alternatives!
- Pumpkin puree. Make sure it is pumpkin puree (I make my own with pumpkins in the fall and freeze it) and not pumpkin pie filling, which has added sweeteners and spices.
- Maple syrup. You could also use honey or your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice. This spice contains a blend of cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground cloves, and allspice. You can buy it in a small tin for an outrageous price, or make your own (recipe here).
- Pinch of sea salt. This really brings out the flavors.
- Ice cubes, I like using coffee ice cubes so I don't get a watered down latte 😉
- Whipped cream (optional)
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
This iced PSL is super easy to make. First of all, gather up your ingredients.
Next, take out your blender and plug it in. Measure in all of the ingredients except the whipped cream and ice. Blend for a couple of minutes or until smooth.
Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour blended Pumpkin Spice Latte over ice.
For a special treat, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice or cinnamon.
That's it! I told you it was super easy! Enjoy!
Hint: To clean the blender quickly and easily, immediately after emptying, add about 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of dish soap. Put the lid on (very important ;)) and blend for 30 seconds. Remove from the base and rinse well with water. All done! No more dried-on hard-to-clean remnants in the blender!
You can make this homemade Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte to suit anyone's preference!
- Espresso - use strong-brewed coffee instead of espresso to make this PSL.
- Milk - use plant-based milk to make this vegan.
- Pumpkin puree - you can use sweet potato puree or squash puree if you don't have any pumpkin puree.
- Maple syrup - use honey or your favorite sweetener, to taste
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - I make my own (get the recipe here) , it is so easy and cheap. If you don't have any, you can just use cinnamon.
- Whipped cream (optional) - I used real whipped cream, but you could also use coconut cream to make it vegan.
Try these fun variations!
- Healthy - leave out the whipped cream to make this a skinny iced pumpkin spice latte
- Deluxe - drizzle caramel sauce or chocolate sauce on top of the whipped cream for extra flavor
- Kid friendly - leave out the coffee, kids love the pumpkin pie spice taste!
To make this iced latte, a blender is used. If you don't have a blender, you could make it with an immersion blender, a food processor, or the old-fashioned way by using a whisk and a bowl.
Store any leftovers in the fridge in a covered container or jar for up to 2 days. Shake well before serving.
- Make sure the espresso, or coffee, has cooled down so it doesn't melt the ice right away.
- Freeze leftover pumpkin puree in ice cube trays, then place frozen pumpkin cubes into a freezer bag. Anytime you want to make this pumpkin latte, just grab some pumpkin ice cubes!
- To keep the iced pumpkin latte from getting watered down when the ice melts, freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays, then place frozen coffee ice cubes into a freezer bag. Use coffee ice cubes anytime you make an iced latte!
If you’ve tried making this Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte or any other recipe, please take a moment to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you!
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 shot espresso or strong-brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk any kind
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ice cubes
- whipped cream, optional
- Add all of the ingredients except the whipped cream and ice to a blender. Blend for a couple of minutes until smooth.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour blended Pumpkin Spice Latte over ice.
- For a special treat, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice or cinnamon.