Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are just like the ones at Starbucks, only better! This is the perfect muffin recipe for Fall! They are super moist, tender, perfectly spiced, and irresistible! They are baked with a maple cream cheese filling that makes these muffins heavenly! These are a copycat recipe of Starbucks' famous fall muffin but with real ingredients and fewer calories! These are perfect for breakfast or brunch and back-to-school or work lunches.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are one of my favorite muffins at Starbucks. Every Fall, when they bring them out, I would pop in and pick up a muffin and a latte.
Last year, when we never left the house unless we had to, I was craving a pumpkin spice muffin filled with cream cheese. So I decided to make my own, and after a few attempts, I think I nailed it. So now I make these pumpkin muffins anytime I want! I like to keep them in the freezer for a quick muffin whenever I get a craving! They are great any time of the year!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy to make
- These muffins are always moist and tender
- Perfect amount of pumpkin spice
- Perfect for lunches
- Amazing flavor
- They freeze extremely well
- A little taste of sweetened cream cheese in every bite
- One bowl recipe
- The cream cheese filling is so good!
Let's gather up the ingredients, and let's get started!
For the muffin, you will need:
- cane sugar, or white sugar
- vegetable oil
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla yogurt
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- all-purpose flour
For the cream cheese filling, you will need:
- Cream cheese, softened
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin seeds, optional
See the recipe card below for quantities.
How to make copycat Starbucks pumpkin muffins
There are 2 simple parts to this recipe, the muffin batter, and the cream cheese filling.
Mix pumpkin puree, oil, and cane sugar in a large bowl to make the batter. Add eggs, yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well combined. Add flour and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
Divide muffin batter evenly in muffin tins, filling each liner about ⅔ full.
Make the cream cheese filling
This filling is so good! Combine softened cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla in a bowl.
Make a divot in the muffin batter with a spoon and add 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling before baking. Use the back of a small spoon to push the cream cheese down into the muffin. The muffins will rise around the cream cheese filling while they bake.
Pop them in the oven and let them bake!
That's all there is to it! Cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes before you grab one! 🙂
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- Muffin tins
- Cupcake liners
- Cooling rack
Fridge: These will keep for about a week in the fridge in an airtight container.
Freezer: These will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. I like to wrap them individually in plastic wrap after they cool and place them in a Ziploc bag. That way, I can grab one anytime I get a craving for one!
- Mix by hand for a tender muffin. If you use a mixer they won't be as tender.
- Make a little divot in the muffin batter and place the cream cheese in it
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature so there are no lumps
- Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
Common questions about Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Make a little divot in the muffin batter and place the cream cheese filling in it. Use the back of a small spoon to press it into the batter. The muffin will rise around the cream cheese as it bakes. If you use more than 1 tablespoon of filling, the filling will run out of the muffin.
Of course! They will be a lot lower in calories and still taste delicious!
Yes, of course! Any milk will work in this recipe!
If you love Starbucks' cream cheese muffins, you have to give this recipe a try! They taste unbelievably fresh and are way cheaper than the original! Plus, it is made with real ingredients and nothing artificial!
More Delicious Recipes
If you’ve tried Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins or any other recipe, please take a moment to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you!
Please also sign up for my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- muffin tins
- cooling rack
- mixing bowl
For the Pumpkin Muffin Batter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the Maple Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pumpkin seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with liners.
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together the cane sugar, oil, and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add the egg, yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill the muffin tins. Use a ¼-cup scoop to fill the liners. Fill them until they are ⅔ full.
- Make the cream cheese filling by mixing together the cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla. Make a divot in the muffin batter and place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling in each muffin. Use the back of a small spoon to press the cream cheese down into the muffin batter. Sprinkle with a few pumpkin seeds (optional).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Remove muffins carefully from the muffin pan and place on a wire rack to cool for at least 5 minutes.