These Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops are the perfect appetizer or main course. Tender scallops are wrapped with bacon and air-fried until golden brown. With no pre-cooking of the bacon, these impressive scallops are ready in about 11 minutes.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Why You'll Love This Delicious Recipe
- These air fryer scallops are quick and easy to make.
- The bacon crisps up perfectly with no pre-cooking.
- Elegant appetizer for any special occasion (anniversary, Valentine's Day).
- Delicious appy for game days.
- Low carb and keto-friendly.
All you need to make this simple recipe is:
- Scallops. Fresh scallops will give you the best results, but I don't have them available where I live. So I had to make do with frozen scallops that I defrosted first.
- Bacon. Use regular-cut bacon strips; thick-cut bacon would take too long to cook. You will use half a slice for each scallop. You can also use turkey bacon.
- Seasoning. I used a simple seasoning made with garlic powder and black pepper. Since the bacon has a lot of salt, I felt it didn't need any extra.
See the printable recipe card below for quantities and a full list of ingredients.
- Air fryer cajun scallops - toss the scallops with cajun seasoning instead.
- Old Bay scallops - toss the scallops with Old Bay seasoning.
- Simple - toss with just pepper and dip in garlic butter.
- Sweet - brush with maple syrup at the end of cooking for a sweet glaze.
- Spicy - add red pepper flakes.
How To Make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 390°F. Combine olive oil, garlic powder, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the scallops and toss until coated evenly in the seasoning mixture.
Step 2: Wrap a halved bacon strip around each scallop and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the rest of the scallops.
Step 3: Place scallops in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring there is some space between them.
Step 4: Air fry scallops for 10-12 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the scallops are cooked. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Dry the scallops with paper towels before tossing in the seasoning.
- Don't overcrowd the scallops in the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if you need to.
- Cooking time may vary by the air fryer model. Start checking for doneness a couple of minutes before you think they will be done.
- The size of the scallops will also have an effect on the cooking time. Large sea scallops will take longer to cook than small scallops.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature for doneness. They will be done when they reach 125°F to 130°F.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice or a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Yes, you can reheat scallops in the air fryer on the REHEAT setting until warmed through.
Bacon-wrapped scallops will be fully cooked in 10-12 minutes. Unwrapped scallops will be fully cooked in 5-6 minutes.
Yes, you can wrap the scallops in bacon and refrigerate them until ready to air fry them.
No, you do not need to flip the scallops during cooking.
Store leftover scallops in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Place cooked scallops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 1-2 hours, then transfer to a freezer bag. Store for up to 3 months.
Thaw scallops in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the air fryer.
Still Looking For More?
... check out these recipes:
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 12 scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Combine olive oil, garlic powder, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the scallops and toss until coated evenly.
- Wrap each scallop in half a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat for the remaining scallops.
- Place bacon-wrapped scallops in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 11 minutes at 390 degrees F. The scallops are done when the bacon is crispy, and the internal temperature of the scallop reaches 125°F to 130°F.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Use regular bacon for best results. If using thicker bacon, pre-cook it for a few minutes before wrapping around the scallops.
- You can wrap the scallops a few hours before cooking and store them in the refrigerator.
- If using frozen scallops, defrost them first and dry well with a paper towel.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- You can double or triple the amount to make more, but, you will need to cook them in batches.