This Strawberry Acai Smoothie Bowl is a great way to start your morning! Made with simple ingredients and no added sugar, it comes together in just a few minutes. Add your choice of toppings for a delicious breakfast!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Why You'll Love It
- This acai smoothie bowl is super thick.
- It has a beautiful color.
- Strawberries and acai go perfectly together.
- This smoothie bowl is quick and easy to make - perfect for busy mornings.
- Makes a great breakfast or lunch.
What Is In An Acai Smoothie Bowl
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Frozen strawberries - Frozen strawberries are the star of this smoothie bowl. If strawberries aren't your thing or you want to mix it up, use frozen mixed berries. You can use fresh fruit, but you have to add ice cubes to thicken it, which will dilute the flavor.
- Frozen banana - Bananas add creaminess and natural sweetness. If bananas aren't your favorite, you can substitute with frozen avocado for a similar creamy texture without the banana flavor.
- Acai puree - Acai berries are 1-inch round fruits native to the Amazon rainforest. Because fresh acai berries have a short shelf life, they are sold as frozen fruit, frozen fruit puree, or dried powder. You can find acai puree in the frozen section of your grocery store. You can usually find it in single serving packets or in a bag of mixed fruit. These berries are often labeled a superfood as they contain antioxidants, healthy fats, and fiber. If you can't find it, use two tablespoons of acai powder instead.
- Greek yogurt - Greek yogurt adds creaminess and protein. Regular yogurt can also be used.
- Almond milk - I used unsweetened almond milk, but feel free to use any milk of choice, like oat milk, soy milk, or even regular dairy milk.
- Honey - Optional. Honey adds extra sweetness if you like a sweeter smoothie bowl. You can also use maple or agave syrup.
See the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
How To Make A Strawberry Acai Smoothie Bowl
You will need a high-speed blender, regular blender, or food processor to make this recipe.
If using a high-speed blender, add the following ingredients in the order given: Almond milk, Greek yogurt, acai berry puree, frozen banana, and frozen strawberries. If using a blender cup, reverse the order and add the frozen fruit first.
Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy - about 30-60 seconds. Scrape the sides of the blender or food processor with a spatula if needed, and keep blending until smooth. This may take 2-3 minutes.
If the mixture is too thick, add a bit more milk. If it's too thin, add a few more frozen strawberries. Taste the smoothie and add honey if desired.
Pour mixture into your favorite smoothie bowl. Garnish with your favorite smoothie bowl toppings and serve immediately.
Acai Smoothie Bowl Toppings
- Chia seeds or hemp seeds.
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
- Strawberry slices, fresh banana slices, or fresh or frozen berries.
- Crunchy granola.
- Thick consistency. You want a super thick consistency. If it is too runny, add more frozen fruit. Read How To Make A Thick Smoothie Bowl for extra tips.
- Adjust sweetness. If your strawberries are not as sweet or your banana is not really ripe, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of honey for sweetness.
- Freeze fresh fruit. For the absolute best flavor, use fresh fruit. Flash freeze it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet the night before.
- Make ahead option. While smoothie bowls are best served fresh, you can prepare it ahead of time and store it in the freezer covered with plastic wrap. Thaw it slightly before serving, and add your toppings. You can also place all ingredients in a freezer bag and empty the bag into your blender in the morning to save time.
- Experiment with toppings. Half of the fun of the smoothie bowl is the toppings! The sky's the limit!
- Vegan - Use plant-based yogurt and dairy-free milk.
- Protein Boost - Add a scoop of protein powder for extra protein.
- Nut butter - Swirl in almond butter, peanut butter, or cashew butter.
- Coconut - Use coconut milk instead of almond milk and add shredded coconut on top.
This strawberry acai bowl contains five ingredients: Frozen strawberries, a banana, frozen acai, Greek yogurt, and almond milk.
The main difference between a smoothie and a smoothie bowl is that smoothies are thinner and drinkable. A smoothie is blended to a thin consistency so you can drink it through a straw. A smoothie bowl is thicker and is eaten with a spoon. It has a very similar texture to soft-serve ice cream.
Both smoothie bowls and smoothies can be nutritious, but their benefits depend on the ingredients, portion sizes, and sugar content. Piling a smoothie bowl with toppings high in calories or sugar will not make it a healthy choice.
More Easy Smoothie Bowl Recipes
If you like this Easy Strawberry Acai Smoothie Bowl recipe, please take a moment to rate the recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 and leave a comment below with your thoughts!
Strawberry Acai Smoothie Bowl
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 medium frozen banana sliced
- ½ cup acai berries frozen or puree
- 2 tablespoons honey optional
Optional smoothie bowl toppings:
- chia seeds or hemp hearts
- coconut chunks or shredded coconut
- fresh or frozen fruit
- sliced banana or pomegranate
- Combine almond milk, Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, and acai berries in a high speed blender, blender cup, or food processor.
- Blend on high speed for 2-3 minutes until the ingredients are blended and smooth. Scrape the sides of the blender or food processor if needed.
- Taste and sweeten with 1-2 tablespoons of honey if desired.
- Transfer into a bowl and add your favorite smoothie toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Slightly thaw your frozen fruit for 5 minutes before blending to make it blend more smoothly.
- Be mindful of the toppings you add to your smoothie bowl.
- The nutrition information above only includes the smoothie bowl base, not any toppings.