This easy Mango Banana Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. It's delicious, nutritious, and easy to make. This easy smoothie recipe only requires a few simple ingredients with no added sugar and comes together in just minutes. The result is a creamy, refreshing smoothie with sweet tropical flavors. This is sure to become a favorite smoothie recipe for your family. So ditch the boring old breakfast routine and give this recipe a try!
This mango banana smoothie is creamy, delicious, and one of my favorite smoothies! It has a super creamy texture that comes from the combination of ripe bananas and mangoes, and the sweetness is just perfect.
I have made this smoothie three times this week already! It is just so dang good!
I love that this smoothie is so easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of day. Plus, it's a great way to get my daily dose of fruit. This mango banana smoothie is a keeper!
I find that starting my day with a quick healthy breakfast is a great way to set the tone for the rest of the day. And what could be more quick and healthy than a delicious smoothie?
This smoothie recipe is super creamy with a delicious tropical flavor. This is really a next level smoothie.
It reminds me of my homemade Orange Julius recipe, except it is way healthier.
Smoothies are an easy way to pack in nutrients and flavor all at once, and this mango banana smoothie is no exception! It's simple to make and delicious!
🥤 More smoothie recipes
😃 Why you will love this recipe
Here are a few reasons why you'll love this mango banana smoothie recipe:
- This delicious mango banana smoothie is packed with sweet fruit flavor, and it gets its natural sweetness from the ripe mango and banana.
- This mango smoothie is a cold, refreshing, and healthy drink - perfect for hot summer days!
- The combination of mangoes and bananas is delicious!
- It's super easy to make - just blend and enjoy!
- This mango banana smoothie recipe is quick, easy, and perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack.
- This creamy smoothie is also packed with vitamins and minerals, making it perfect for a quick breakfast or as a way to refuel after a workout.
This easy smoothie recipe only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Vanilla yogurt
- Coconut milk
- Orange juice
- Banana. You can use ripe bananas or a frozen banana.
- Fresh mangoes or frozen mangoes
- Ice cubes
See the recipe card for quantities.
🍯 Optional add-ins
- Nut butters, such as cashew butter, almond butter, or peanut butter. Nut butter is a source of healthy fat and protein.
- Leafy greens, such as a handful of spinach or kale.
- Hemp seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, or flax seeds. These are a good source of protein and healthy fats.
- Honey, agave syrup, or maple syrup. These are all-natural sweeteners you can use if you would like your smoothie a bit sweeter.
- Protein powder. This is an easy way to increase the protein in your smoothie to keep you fuller longer.
🍹 How to make a mango banana smoothie
Follow these instructions to have the most amazing and delicious smoothie ever.
First, add the yogurt, coconut milk, orange juice, banana chunks, mango pieces, and ice to the blender.
Then blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
If your blender has a "smoothie" setting, use that for best results. If not, blend for 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately! The consistency should be creamy and thick. If it's too thick, add more coconut milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
Mango: One easy substitution is to use mango pulp or mango puree instead of mango chunks.
Banana: Another tasty substitution is to use frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit. Frozen banana will work just as well as fresh fruit, making your smoothie nice and thick. Just be sure to add a little extra liquid such as orange juice or coconut milk to help the blender along.
Orange juice: You can also use pineapple juice; it will have all the flavor of a tropical smoothie.
Yogurt: You can use Greek yogurt or regular yogurt. You can also use plain yogurt, but you may want to add some natural sweetener. I love the flavor the vanilla yogurt adds to the smoothie, so no vanilla extract is needed.
Coconut milk: You can use any milk that you like. Other substitutions are almond milk, oat milk, skim milk, regular milk, or coconut water.
If you want to add a little sweetness to your smoothie, try using natural sugar such as honey or agave nectar.
If you are looking for the perfect healthy snack or light meal, fruit smoothies are simple to make and easily customizable. Try some of these variations:
- If you want to add a little sweetness to your smoothie, try using a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar.
- If you're looking for extra nutrition, you can also add a handful of spinach or kale.
- For a thinner smoothie, add more milk.
- For a thicker smoothie, add less milk, or use a frozen banana and frozen mango.
The beauty of making your own smoothies is that you can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. So play around with different fruits and flavor combinations until you find your perfect combination!
To ensure your smoothie is nice and creamy, you'll need a high-powered blender or food processor.
If you don't have one, you can try using an immersion blender instead. Just be prepared for your smoothie to have a little bit more texture.
After you blend up the most delicious mango banana smoothie, it's important to store it correctly so that it tastes just as good the next day (if you have any left, that is).
The best way to store a smoothie is in a mason jar in the fridge. Tightly screw on the lid and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
Pop it in the freezer if you want to save your smoothie even longer. Frozen smoothies will last 2-3 months, but they may lose some of their original flavor and creaminess.
When you're ready to drink your frozen smoothie, thaw it overnight in the fridge or blend it up while still frozen for a super thick smoothie.
🤩 Top tips
- If using fresh mangoes, make sure they are ripe. You can tell when mangoes are ripe if they are a bit soft when you press into them. Red mangoes have a more fibrous texture but are sweeter tasting. Ataulfo mangoes have an almost creamy texture when blended, making them perfect for smoothies.
- For best results, make sure to follow the recipe exactly. That means adding all the ingredients to the blender and blending until smooth. If your smoothie is too thick, add a little bit more liquid until it reaches the desired consistency.
- You can also add a scoop of peanut butter or some chia seeds for an extra protein boost.
- When adding liquids, start with a small amount and add more as needed. Of course, you can always add more, but it isn't easy to take liquid out once it's been added.
❓ Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Mangoes are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C. They also contain some potassium and magnesium.
Yes, you can blend banana and mango together. The two fruits are complementary in flavor and texture and make a delicious smoothie.
Yes, mango and banana smoothies are healthy. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are also a good source of fiber and protein.
Yes, you can put mango skin in a smoothie. The skin is edible and contains fiber, and is loaded with antioxidants. However, removing the skin before blending is best, as it can be tough and fibrous.
There are about 270 calories in a mango banana smoothie.
If you're looking for a delicious, healthy breakfast or snack option, give this healthy mango banana smoothie a try. It's easy to make and contains plenty of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Plus, it's delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. 🙂
Also, if you try it out and like it, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to leave a star rating and/or comment in the comments section below. 🙂
Don't forget to share it with your friends on social media!
Mango Banana Smoothie
- High-speed blender or food processor
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt Greek or regular yogurt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 medium ripe banana fresh or frozen
- 1½ cups ripe mango fresh or frozen
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender: Greek yogurt, coconut milk, orange juice, banana, mango, and ice.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour in a glass and enjoy immediately or place in a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Use ripe mangoes. You can tell when mangoes are ripe if they are a bit soft when you press into them. Red mangoes have a more fibrous texture but are sweeter tasting. Ataulfo mangoes have an almost creamy texture when blended, making them perfect for smoothies.
- For the best results, make sure to follow the recipe exactly. That means adding all of the ingredients to the blender at once and blending until smooth. If your smoothie is too thick, add a little bit more liquid until it reaches the desired consistency.
- For an extra boost of protein, you can also add a scoop of peanut butter or some chia seeds.
- When adding liquids, start with a small amount and then add more as needed. You can always add more, but it's difficult to take liquid out once it's been added.