This 3 Ingredient Hot Cocoa Dip Without Marshmallow Fluff is SO EASY to make! This makes a delicious dessert dip to serve on your holiday table.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
It's that time of year; the holiday season is upon us, and it's time to make holiday recipes! As you know, I like to make easy desserts. Nothing too fancy. So because everyone loved my 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Fluff, I thought I would make a no bake dessert dip that would be easy to take to holiday parties.
I wanted to make a delicious hot cocoa dip that used simple ingredients, so it doesn't contain Cool Whip or marshmallow creme.
Why this recipe works
- This hot chocolate dip is not too sweet.
- It's a super easy recipe.
- It pairs beautifully with a variety of dippers.
- This creamy dip is quick to make.
- It can be made in advance.
- Adults and children will love it!
- Cream cheese. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature so it blends smoothly.
- Heavy whipping cream. Heavy cream makes this dip light and fluffy.
- Hot cocoa mix. Choose a hot cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix that contains sweetener. You will need 4 hot chocolate packets.
See the printable recipe card below for exact measurements and a full list of ingredients
How to make 3 ingredient hot cocoa dip
Step 1: Whip the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, blend the cream cheese until smooth. Add the hot cocoa mix and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Add the hot cocoa mixture to the whipped cream. Use a hand mixer on low speed to blend until combined.
Step 4: Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with mini marshmallows, chocolate shavings, mini chocolate chips, or sprinkles. Serve with your favorite dippers.
You can serve almost anything with this delicious dessert dip. Some of my favorite dippers are:
- Graham crackers
- Biscoff cookies
- Vanilla wafers
- Fresh fruit
- Animal crackers
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Use a high-quality cocoa mix. The better the cocoa, the better flavor the dip will have.
- Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature before blending.
- If your hot chocolate mix is less sweet and you prefer a sweeter dip, add powdered sugar gradually, tasting as you go.
- If the dip is too thick, thin it out with a bit more heavy cream.
- This recipe is easy to scale up for a larger crowd.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Store leftover festive dessert dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use low-fat cream cheese.
Absolutely! This dip can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Since the hot cocoa mix contains sugar, additional sweetener is not necessary. However, if you have a sugar-free cocoa mix, you might want to add your favorite sweetener to taste.
This easy dessert dip pairs well with various dippers such as fresh fruit, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, or marshmallows.
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different toppings like chocolate shavings, crushed nuts, semi-sweet chocolate chips, crushed peppermint candies or candy canes, marshmallow bits, or your favorite cookies crushed up.
More easy Christmas dessert recipes
3 Ingredient Hot Cocoa Dip Without Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons hot cocoa mix about 4 hot chocolate packets
- Whip the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl, blend the softened cream cheese with the hot cocoa mix. Mix until completely smooth.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the whipped cream and blend with a hand mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Refrigerate the dip for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl and garnish with mini marshmallows. Serve with apple slices, Biscoff cookies, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers.
- If the dip is too thick, add a tiny bit more whipped cream.
- Increase or decrease the amount of cocoa mix to adjust the chocolate flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.