With a buttery graham cracker crust and spiced pumpkin filling, this creamy Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Graham Cracker Crust is sure to be a crowd favorite! It's the perfect dessert to finish off any holiday meal!
This is the easiest pumpkin pie recipe. Unlike classic pumpkin pie, you can skip making a regular pie crust.
Serve it with Ninja Creami Vanilla Ice Cream or whipped cream after your Thanksgiving dinner.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy recipe. Simple to make with just 10 minutes of prep time.
- Rich pumpkin filling. Perfectly spiced for that classic fall flavor.
- Perfect holiday dessert. This pie will be a hit for any holiday gathering.
- Fast. The crust can be made with a store-bought graham cracker crust or use a box of graham crumbs to make it faster.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Graham cracker crust. Make graham crumbs out of graham crackers, or use a box of graham crumbs. You can also use a Keebler pre-made graham pie shell from the grocery store.
- Pumpkin puree. Use canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. If using homemade pumpkin puree, drain well and squeeze out any water.
- Spices. Use homemade pumpkin pie spice or store-bought.
- Evaporated milk. Substitute half and half, whole milk, or 2% milk.
See the printable recipe card below for the full list of ingredients and quantities.
How to make pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust
- Make graham cracker crust.
- Prepare pumpkin pie filling.
- Bake in the oven.
- Cool and serve.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan. Make graham cracker crumbs by pulsing graham cracker wafers in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. You can also place them in a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Step 2: Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in the food processor or mixing bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
Step 3: While the pie crust is baking, make the filling. Mix the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. Use a whisk, hand mixer, or stand mixer. Add the evaporated milk and mix until blended.
Step 4: Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared crust. Bake pumpkin pie for 45-55 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 180°F. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean. The center will still be jiggly, which is okay. The pie will contain to cook as it cools.
Pro Tip: Cover the outside of the pie with aluminum foil halfway through the baking time to prevent the edges from burning.
Step 5: Cool the pie on a wire rack at room temperature for approximately 2 hours, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Step 6: Cut the pie and serve with whipped cream, Cool Whip, or vanilla ice cream.
Serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also add a drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
- Press the crust firmly and evenly into the pie dish. Use your fingers, the bottom of a glass, or measuring cup.
- Use room-temperature ingredients for a smooth pumpkin pie.
- Do not overbake. Cook until a knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. The pie is done when the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F.
- Let the pie cool for a few hours before cutting into it.
Make Ahead & Storage
Prepare and bake the crust a day in advance. Mix the filling and store it in the refrigerator up to a day ahead.
- Refrigerator: Store the baked pie in the refrigerator, covered or in an airtight container, for up to four days.
- Freezer: Freeze the baked pie for up to one month. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, then in a Ziploc bag.
- Thaw. Thaw frozen pie in the refrigerator overnight.
Additions & Variations
- Add a handful of mini chocolate chips for chocolate flavor.
- Sprinkle crushed pecans on top.
- Use gingersnap crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs.
- Use coconut milk to make this recipe dairy-free.
- Make homemade whipped creamy by mixing 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
The pie is done when the edges are set but the center is slightly jiggly, a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, and the internal temperature is 180 degrees F.
This can happen if the crust isn't pre-baked.
Let it cool for at least 2 hours to set properly.
Yes, due to the egg and dairy, refrigeration is necessary.
No, use puree only. Pumpkin pie filling contains added sugar and spices.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
If you tried this Pumpkin Pie Recipe With Graham Cracker Crust or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thank you! 🙂
Pumpkin Pie Recipe With Graham Cracker Crust
- 9-inch pie plate
- Mixing bowls
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs or 12 whole graham cracker sheets
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree 15 ounces
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Pulse graham cracker sheets in a food processor until they become the texture of fine crumbs. Add the brown sugar and melted butter. Pulse to blend until it is the consistency of wet sand.1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, ½ cup packed brown sugar, ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the evaporated milk and blend until well combined.1 can pure pumpkin puree, ¾ cup brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¾ cup evaporated milk
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the graham cracker crust. Bake the pie for 45-55 minutes, or until the filling is set but still a bit jiggly in the center. Halfway through the cooking time, place aluminum foil over the edges of the pie to prevent the crust from burning. The pie is ready when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, or the internal temperature is 180 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours so the filling will set completely.
- Once cooled, refrigerate the pie until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Press the crust firmly and evenly into the pie dish. Use your fingers or a glass or measuring cup.
- Use room-temperature eggs for a smooth filling.
- Do not overbake. Cook until a knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F.
- Let the pie cool for a couple of hours before cutting into it.
👩🏻🍳 Meet The Author
Meet Jeri, a self-taught home cook with over 40 years of cooking experience who decided to start a second career as a full-time food blogger. She is the recipe creator, writer, photographer, and creator of Winding Creek Ranch. Her mission is to make your life easier by sharing delicious recipes your family will love.