Spinach Mushroom Omelette With Feta Cheese (Keto)
This super-easy Spinach and Mushroom Omelette with Feta Cheese is loved by everyone who tries it! It's a keto-friendly recipe and a great low-carb breakfast idea. Start off your day with this filling, healthy, nutritious omelette; a great way to get a hearty breakfast on the table in less than 15 minutes! If you are looking for an easy breakfast recipe that tastes great and is good for you, this one is it!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¾ cup spinach chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumb;ed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper, mushrooms, spinach, and red onion.
Heat a frying pan on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Once the pan is heated, pour the egg mixture into the frying pan.
Cook until the bottom of the egg is a light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
With a rubber spatula, carefully flip the egg over like a pancake so it will cook underneath.
Add crumbled feta cheese evenly on the omelette. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
When the omelette is lightly browned on the bottom, flip the omelette in half and serve!
Nutritional information is approximate and is meant as a guideline only.
FRIDGE: Place the cooled omelette in an airtight container, or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZER: Wrap the cooled omelette in plastic wrap and place in a Ziploc bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Cook the omelet on low-medium heat to ensure it does not burn. It is 2.5 on our dial.
- Don't walk away from the stove, it cooks quickly.
- Use a rubber spatula to flip the omelet. It tears less easily.
- Don't be afraid to make the recipe suit your own tastes. Leave out the onion if you are not a fan. Use canned mushrooms if you don't have fresh. Use frozen spinach if you don't have fresh.
- Add in extra vegetables if you have them.
- This omelet will turn out great. You can't mess it up. The worse thing that will happen is you will end up with scrambled eggs.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.2g | Protein: 24.1g | Fat: 27.8g | Saturated Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 524.4mg | Sodium: 847.4mg | Potassium: 500.7mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 4.5g | Vitamin A: 363.6IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 291.3mg | Iron: 3.4mg